It is the XIX century garden in the landscape style, which delights with the lie of the land, garden architecture, the beauty of monumental and unique trees and variety of species and settlements. It is the one of the largest and oldest gardens in Poland. The creation of the garden was started by Jan Działyński who in 1853–1876 established in the vicinity of the castle two admired even today avenues: hornbeam-lime and lime avenues. The ambition of Jan Działyński was creating in the Gołuchów the greatest collection of trees and bushes in Europe. This is why he established here two collections of coniferous (coniferous species): I collection – 215 taxonomies and II collection – 574 taxonomies. Since 1876 in the creation of the park participated Adam Kubaszewski, gardener employed by Izabela and Jan Działyński. He appeared to be indefatigable designer of both the decorative garden and the orchard.
The situational plans of the park in Gołuchów designed by Adam Kubaszewski received in 1880 honorable diploma at the exhibition in Bydgoszcz. This is the park in English style, architectonically based on the enchanting Ciemna River valley. Adam Kubaszewski took care for variety of kinds of composed flower beds, group of trees and bushes and park massifs according to the will of Jan Działyński. He also respected the opinion of Izabela Działyńska and her love for native trees and natural fragments of Polish nature. Thanks to Izabela the area of the park was enlarged twofold in 1894. Interesting ancient forests were attached, semi-natural fragments of broadleaved forests and pine and mixed woods. In the literature sacrificed to the garden art park in Gołuchów is mentioned as the example of naturalism enriched dendrologically, which precisely expresses the intentions of its former owners and progenitors.
The architecture of the park is based on the diversified lie of the land of the Ciemna valley. The river crosses the park from south to north flooding into two scenic ponds. The landscape of the southern part of park is composed of clusters of trees and bushes, park massifs, meadows, glades and ponds. In the northern part of the park there are various groups of woods and park massifs in places broken by meadows, glades and net of the alleys. Among the clusters of plants, there are few in condition close to natural. These are riparian elm-ash and broadleaves forest of middle European origin with blooming in the spring a hollow corydalis.
The most valuable dendrologous collections grow in the southern part of the park called decorative. There are nearly 600 taxonomies of trees and bushes both of the native and foreign origin. Plenty of trees are of the unique value and they are rated among the oldest and the most beautiful specimens in Poland. Among them, there has to be mentioned large-leaved lime, European hornbeam, common oak of a cone-shaped kind, English oak, maidenhair tree, yellow-wood, Nutka false cypress and others. The Gołuchów Park can be compared to the museum of trees because there grow 230 trees of monumental size.
The spontaneous flora of the park consists of 27 species of moss and 510 species of vascular plants that occur in groups of woods, meadows, aquatic and synanthropic. On the ground of the park, there are nearly 300 species of the higher fungi, and 133 species of lichens. Good conditions of life are here for the existence of 72 species of arachnids, 75 species of insects and 107 species of vertebrates including: 7 species of amphibians, 3 of reptiles, 70 of birds, 27 species of mammals. Among the flora and fauna of Gołuchów park, as many as 187 of species are listed as the protected species including 5 species of moss, 34 species of vascular plants, 21 species of higher fungi, one species of insect, 8 species of arachnids, 69 species of birds and 17 species of mammals. Entire park-arboretum in Gołuchów is under conservator's protection. This object is situated in the center of the Area of Protected Scenery of the River Ciemna Valley being its dominant feature.